The GTA AM Tour is currently seeking 4 - 5 candidates to fill the part-time position of Event Operations Assistant for the 2019 season. In this position, you will contribute to the execution of 30 one and two-day, professionally organized golf tournaments. As a key member of The Tour Team you will be relied upon to ensure these events are executed with precision, professionalism and enthusiasm.
Join The Tour Team
1-2 Days per week on event days based on Tour Schedule (April 30 – October 7)
The current Tour Schedule shows 2018 season. Schedule for the next season will be posted in early December 2018.
- Assist Operations Manager and Tour President in conducting all 34 days of events
- Enforce tournament regulations
- Responsible for all pre-event setup, event-day event logistics and scoring administration
- Communicate with, and assist, committees on site
- Work to ensure players are keeping up to the groups in front of them (Pace of Play)
- Work with the Tour Team to determine the best locations for on-course monitoring (Fore-Caddies)
- Other duties as assigned
- Basic knowledge of the game of golf
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Nominal computer skills
- Ability to work on your own and as part of a team
- Ability to work long flexible hours (Dawn - Dusk)
- Compensation of $125 per day
- Food per diem during events
- Hotel expenses for events that are not proximate to the core Toronto area
- Subsidized staff uniforms
- Opportunity to play courses on event set-up days (day before each event)
- Opportunity to network with professionals in the golf industry
Please forward cover letter and resume to Mark Young and Jason Gendron. We thank all interested applicants for their interest in working with The GTA AM Tour.