During the COVID-19 period, the GTA AM TOUR has prepared this document for the purpose of distribution to all players, staff, and host facilities to advocate the measures to be followed from the Provincial Government, Health Officials and Regional Authorities.
All measures are specific to our events, taking into consideration the recommendations from authorities noted above. The GTA AM Tour will follow all guidelines put forth by all levels of government and health officials and will ensure a clear line of communication with each host facility to ensure the safe conduct of everyone while on site.
RESPECT FOR HOST FACILITIES / STAFF / FELLOW TOUR PLAYERS
It is tremendously important that all GTA AM Tour staff and competitors respect everyone who is a part of the event as well as respecting host golf clubs. As everyone knows, it is an honor to play these amazing golf courses and it is our job, as the community that is the GTA Am Tour, to respect everyone who is present that day. It is the goal of the GTA AM Tour to create a fun yet competitive environment for everyone.
As it is likely that each host facility will have difference COVID-19 guidance, we will need to take that into consideration and be sure to share all this information with Tour players.
The following safety measures and procedures have been put into place to ensure everyone is safe and healthy this season, while playing on The GTA AM Tour.
GTA AM TOUR PLAYERS
- Eligibility / Non-Eligibility (During COVID-19)
- Tee Time Notification
- Before You Arrive At The Course
- Registration At The Course
- Mobile Scoring
- On The Course
- After Your Round
- Post Event & Prizing
- Other Guidelines To Players
- Inclement Weather
GTA AM TOUR TEAM MEMBERS (STAFF)
GTA AM TOUR PLAYERS
1. Eligibility / Non-Eligibility (During COVID-19)
Players will be ineligible to play GTA AM TOUR events if they fall into one or more of the following categories:
- If they are experiencing symptoms related to COVID-19. Please click here to take the self-assessment test.
- Have tested positive for COVID-19 and not yet recovered.
- If someone they have been in contact with, within the past 14 days, has tested positive for COVID-19.
2. Tee Time Notification
For all 2020 events, players will continue to receive a tee time email within 3 days of each event. This email will provide details on additional measures that are not covered below
3. Before You Arrive At The Course
All materials typically handed out at GTA AM Tour events will be eliminated. This will include, but is not limited to, Notice to Competitors, Pin Location Sheet, Official Scorecards. Players can access all necessary documents from the event information page” linked to each event. Players will be able to print their own scorecards, from their dashboard once the tee times have been sent (typically 3-4 days prior).
- We will indicate, in the tee time email, food & beverage services that will be available. It is your responsibility to prepare for the day, based on these guidelines.
- We will indicate, in the tee time email, if the practice facilities are open and related protocols.
- Please pack your own food & drink in case the clubhouse does not offer window service.
- Water Coolers will NOT be available at events.
- Until further notice, no caddies or spectators will be allowed at GTA AM Tour events.
4. Registration At The Course
- As you approach the parking lot of the host facility, you will be met by a greeter from the host facility (GTA AM Tour will provide one if host club does not). This person will provide you with VERY EXPLICIT instructions on how to proceed. The greeter will confirm your tee time and make sure that you have arrived at the designated time, as instructed in the tee-time email
- At your first event, immediately upon arrival, please check in at registration to pick up your Tour Sponsor Gift Bag. Physical distancing measures will be in place, at the registration area, and must be followed.
- After your first event, you will continue to physically check-in at registration
- Please look for markers on the ground, at registration, to facilitate safe distancing from GTA AM Tour staff and fellow Tour players
- Hole in one challenge and any other on-course games will be suspended until further notice
5. Mobile Scoring
- We will be utilizing The GTA AM Tour’s Live Scoring. One player, per group, will be designated to keep scores for all players in their group. Players should also keep their own scores, either on a mobile device or on a GTA AM Tour scorecard, printed from their dashboard.
- The starter will assign markers/attestors for everyone in the group. It will be your responsibility to check scores after each hole.
- The Live Scoring marker, for the threesome/group, will be provided with the login password at the first tee. Login password will also be provided on the GTA AM Tour scorecards. To prepare to keep score, the website URL for Live Scoring is: https://gtaamtour.com/scoring
6. On The Course
- Until further notice, no caddies or spectators will be permitted at GTA AM TOUR events.
- The Tour will continue to tee players off the first tee in threesomes, every 10 minutes, unless further guidelines have been handed down from governmental bodies or host clubs.
- No handshaking or elbow bumping is permitted; simply say “Thank You” at the end of your round.
- Players must always maintain a physical distance of at least 6 feet from everyone.
- Bring hand sanitizer and use as often as you can, especially before and after using any washrooms.
- Rakes have been removed from all bunkers, unless otherwise noted from host clubs. If rakes are not present, players must repair footprints, using their feet to smooth the sand. The GTA AM Tour will enforce a preferred lies policy in bunkers: Players will be entitled to mark their ball, smooth the area, and place the ball within 12” of the original location of the ball, no closer to the hole.
- The flagstick will always remain in the hole. The Tour will be utilizing a new and safe product (Bottoms Up Golf), designed by Tour player Mike Hubbs. DO NOT REMOVE THE FLAG.
- All players will be encouraged to walk at each event, however motorized carts will be available.
- If you use a motorized golf cart, only one player per cart will be permitted. Although host clubs will have sanitation protocols in place for carts, all players will be required to wipe down all surfaces within and outside the cart, after use. PLAYERS WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PRE-BOOK CARTS; YOU MUST DO SO UPON ARRIVAL. CART AVAILABILITY WILL BE BASED ON A FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE BASIS
- As more host facilities move into phases 2 and 3 of COVID-19 protocols, some facilities may choose to implement plastic or plexiglass cart dividers, allowing two players to share a cart. Beside occupying divided carts, players must continue to physically distance themselves, throughout the round.
7. After Your Round
A Tour scoring area will be established, using physical distancing measures. Players will be requested to read their scores aloud to THE GTA AM TOUR Scoring Team for verification. Scoring will be final, once you have left the scoring area.
There will be no playoffs. Winners will be determined by card-matching.
8. Post Event & Prizing
All per-event prizing will be emailed to winners, after competitions are closed; typically, the day following the competition.
PLAYERS WHO DO NOT ADHERE TO THE ABOVE OPERATIONAL PROCEDURES, WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO PLAY ANY FUTURE GTA AM TOUR EVENTS.
9. Other Guidelines To Players
- Arrival times and check-in policy will be indicated on the tee time email, prior to each event. This email will cover the following information:
- What time players can arrive on site (based on tee time)
- Availability of practice facilities (Driving Range, Putting Green, Short Game Area)
- Players must prepare for their rounds at their vehicles. All outside golf services will be closed to eliminate touch points.
10. Inclement Weather
Because there is no area of shelter that will be able to provide a safe practice of physical distancing, any event where the lightning detection system or air horns are used, all players must return to their vehicles and await further instructions.
Players will be notified of a return to play either in person or by phone, email, text message.
If the players cannot go back on to the golf course, the following measures will take place:
- If an entire flight that has finished 18 holes, a winner will be awarded for that flight.
- If an entire flight has finished 9 holes, but not 18 holes, there will be a winner awarded for that flight.
- If the entire flight has not completed 9 holes, the event will be cancelled for that flight.
GTA AM TOUR TEAM MEMBERS (STAFF)
1. Guidelines for GTA AM Tour Staff
The main objective this operational plan is to ensure the health and safety of everyone during our events. All GTA AM Tour staff will be notified, prior to each event, as to the current protocols relating to COVID-19. The Tour will require a declaration, from each staff member, that they are ready, willing and able to assist in the execution of the event. Each staff member must ensure that they are healthy and, to the best of their abilities declare that they are symptom free.
If any staff member shares information with the GTA AM Tour that could result in potential contact with COVID-19, they will be asked to refrain from participating in the events.
If any staff member declares or presents any COVID-19 related symptoms, they will not be allowed to attend events and will be encouraged to seek medical assistance, either through the Ontario Health website or through their local physician.
2. While At Events
- The main priority of the Tour team members will be to ensure the following:
- Maintain physical distancing (minimum 6 feet)
- Wash hands regularly
- Disinfect equipment to be used for the day
- At each event, tour team members will be given the following:
- Hand Sanitizer
- Disinfectant Wipes or Cleaner
- Once assigned a golf cart, Tour team members will thoroughly clean all cart surfaces, before and after use
- Items typically given out at each event will be left with the Tour team member for the duration of the season. These items include, but are not limited, to the following:
- All items typically printed (Tee Sheet, Time Par Sheet) will be emailed to each staff member. Staff members will be required to print these emailed items for each event:
- Cart Sign
- Radio, Headset, Antenna, Charging Station, Power Cord
- Spotter Flags
3. GTA AM Tour Event Protocols
The GTA AM Tour is used to executing events at an extremely high level. With the goal to eliminate the amount of touch points for Tour team members and players, adjustments will need to be made. Below is a model of what the GTA AM Tour will execute at each event.
- Placement of roadside welcome banner *Based on Host Club’s approval
- Placement of all sponsor banners (Approximately 30) *Based on Host Club’s approval.
- Removal of all items on the first tee, other than the following:
- GTA AM Tour Tent
- Tent Stakes
- 6ft Table
- Cones on teeing area to indicate distance needed between players
- Event sponsor banner
- GTA AM Tour banner
- Registration Protocols:
- Use of trailer as main registration area
- Set up 10x10 tent outside doors of trailer
- Set up two 6’ tables at outside edges of tent to encourage physical distancing
- Place cones on ground for players to stand at while waiting to register
- At players first event, sponsor gift bags will be handed out to players
- Removal of all items at prize ceremony (Media Wall, TV, Tables, Prizing, Trophies)
- Cancellation of organizationally run skins game (Player run skins game available)
- Cancellation of closest to the pin
- The following on course measures will be taken:
- Continue to set-up GTA AM Tour Flagsticks with Bottom’s Up safe ball removal system
- Continue to set-up GTA AM Tour Tee Markers (Black, Gold, Blue, White) and directional signs. These items will be sanitized before and after each event.
- Removal of GTA AM Tour Water Coolers
- The following adjustment will be made to the competition material handed out to players at each event:
- Notice to competitors and pin sheets will be available from event information page on website
- Live Scoring will continue to be used, and players will use their own mobile devices or scorecards that they will print off from their “dashboard” prior to each event.
- Scoring procedures will be verbal after the round in the presence of a GTA AM Tour Official.